Welcome to one of North America's most rugged and beautiful cities, Calgary. Known for its cowboys and spectacular beauty, Calgary was brought to the world's attention during the 1988 Winter Olympics. Meet your Tour Manager in the hotel lobby at 6:00 p.m. for a welcome dinner.
July 20th: Calgary Tower and Heritage Park
Get to know Calgary on a panoramic sightseeing tour of the city. Get your first glimpse of the Canadian Rockies from high atop the 626-foot tall Calgary Tower. Then, take a step back into Canada's colorful past at Heritage Park. Here you will learn about life as a 19th-century fur-trader or old-fashioned blacksmith. In the Gasoline Alley Museum, admire the collection of 1908 REO Autobuggies and 1912 Buicks, or stroll through Heritage Town Square and chat with the locals in their traditional clothing. Then, depart for Banff and your hotel.
Meals: B, D
July 21st: Explore Banff and Lake Louise
Today, explore Canada's first National Park and UNESCO World Heritage Site, Banff. See Bow Falls and Tunnel Mountain before taking the gondola ride in enclosed cars to the peak of Sulphur Mountain for a spectacular panoramic view of the village and valley below. Later, travel to beautiful Chateau Lake Louise where majestic mountains soaring skyward are reflected in the vibrant blues of the glacier-fed Lake Louise.
Meals: B, D
July 22nd: Ride the Rocky Mountaineer to Kamloops
Board the Rocky Mountaineer in Silver Leaf Class and begin the journey westward. Departing Banff National Park the train will travel through the unique Spiral Tunnels in Yoho National Park, a remarkable engineering achievement. You will also cross the Continental Divide. Beyond Craigellachie is Rogers Pass with its tunnels, glistening glaciers, and snow-capped mountains. After Craigellachie, where the "last spike" was driven completing the Canadian Pacific Railway in 1885 you pass through the vast ranchlands to Shuswap Lake. Overnight in Kamloops.
Meals: B, L
July 23rd: Rocky Mountaineer to Vancouver
Upon leaving the city of Kamloops, the train will follow the Thompson River through the Fraser Canyon. One of the canyon's true highlights is Hell's Gate, where you will watch water torrent past the canyon's walls at its narrowest point. En route, you will pass through the scenic Fraser Canyon and the fertile Fraser Valley. The Rocky Mountaineer takes you into the interior of British Columbia to the cosmopolitan city of Vancouver.
Meals: B, L
July 24th: Indian Arm Lunch Cruise
Today, climb aboard the luxurious M.V. Harbour Princess for a remarkable cruise through the Indian Arm, a coastal mountain fjord located right in Vancouver's backyard. Sail the calm inland waters of Vancouver's inner harbor, through Burrard Inlet and into Indian Arm. Once heavily-glaciated, the region features spectacular landscape with lush green forests, pristine waterfalls, panoramic vistas and wildlife. Enjoy a wonderful buffet lunch while enjoying the scenery.
Meals: B, L
July 25th: Vancouver Sightseeing and Musqueam Cultural Center
Vancouver, its dramatic location between the Rocky Mountains and the Pacific Ocean is sure to inspire you. Enjoy an included sightseeing tour to see Vancouver's downtown core, the spectacular North Shore and beautiful Stanley Park. In the afternoon you'll visit the Musqueam Cultural Center. Here, learn the history and culture of the Musqueam people. The gallery features exhibitions highlighting historic cultural objects, contemporary arts, and the sharing of the Musqueam culture through traditional live dancers.
Meals: B, D
July 26th: Return Home
Following breakfast, depart Canada with a group transfer to the Vancouver Airport for flights out after 12:00 p.m. with fond memories of your trip.
Based on Double Occupancy:
From $4,699 pp
Single Supplement: +$1,069
Tour Activity Level
Easy 1 2 3 4 5 Active
• 14 Meals (7 Breakfasts, 3 Lunches and 4 Dinners)
• Round trip airport transfers
• Spend 1 night in Calgary, Alberta's center of Cowboys and Culture
• Take a panoramic sightseeing tour of Calgary and get your first glimpse of the Canadian Rockies from high atop the 626-foot tall Calgary Tower
• Step back into Canada's colorful past at Heritage Park with its fur traders, blacksmith and collection of vintage automobiles
• Spend 2 nights in the town of Banff inside Banff National Park, Canada's first national park
• Take a gondola ride to the top of Sulphur Mountain for a breathtaking view of the Banff village and surrounding mountains
• Travel the scenic Icefields Parkway from Banff to Lake Louise
• Visit Chateau Lake Louise located on the vibrant blue, glacier-fed waters of Lake Louise
• Spend 2 full days on board the Rocky Mountaineer Train in Silver Leaf Class as you pass some of the most breathtaking scenery in North America
• Spend 1 night in scenic Kamloops, nestled in the Rocky Mountains
• Spend 3 nights in cosmopolitan Vancouver, the gem of Canada's Pacific Coast
• Take a panoramic tour of Vancouver to see its downtown core, spectacular North Shore and beautiful Stanley Park
• Enjoy a lunch cruise through the coastal mountain fjord of Indian Arm aboard the luxurious M.V. Harbour Princess
• Visit the Musqueam Cultural Center and Learn the history and culture of the Musqueam people through exhibitions highlighting historic cultural objects, contemporary arts, and live dance performance
• $40 in Mayflower Money
*All pricing and inclusions subject to change and based on availability. Airfare not included in above pricing.
Are you interested in this tour?